6.17.2008

Gratitude, Part 2


We are inching toward the summer season here, at long last. I love it here this time of year! Only a few days ago it was still snowing in the mountains, and last weekend we had our first day where the temp reached the 9o's. But as hot as it can get during the day, the air is practically humidity-free and it cools down at night. Sophie and I just returned froma short after-dark stroll and it makes me want to put a hammock on my patio and sleep outside.


On an unrelated note--Soph and I are watching "Manufacturing Consent"--documentary about Noam Chomsky, and there is tape of Chomsky on a panel with an ancient Jean Piaget. Sipping some beverage out of a demitasse. Oh to be an aging, but respected public intellectual. I'm just aging.

1 comment:

Shmonkey said...

You are far more respected as an intellectual than you realize.

So, let's get that weekend planned during this long and wonderful summer. I want to sit around with you, sipping from demitasse cups, and respecting the hell out of one another!