7.02.2007

Are Children an Oppressed Class?




For those of you who have heard me complain about unpleasant encounters with ill-mannered children and parents who believe the world owes them a favor for procreating, I provide a link to an interesting discussion about feminism and children over at I Blame The Patriarchy. I'm particularly pondering one commenter's suggestion that my annoyance about such children and parents is itself a product of the patriarchy. Thoughts?

On a side note, I provide photos of one of my favorite recent Hawaii moments. This was taken at the Panalu'u Black Sand Beach on the southern coast of the Big Island. The black sand here results from the collision of hot lava with the cooler ocean, and the lava shatters into tiny bits. These bits are futher weathered by the ocean into the black sand. Absolutely beautiful.

No comments: