4.23.2007

2007 Pulitzer--Feature Photography

This year's Pulitzer Prize winner for Feature Photography was won by Renee C. Byer of the Sacramento Bee for her series of photographs featuring a 10-year old boy dying of cancer, and his mother. Here is a link to the series, but I would urge that if you look at them, you do so when you are in a place to cry, if you need to. I frequently rage about senseless loss of life, but I am humbled when I am reminded about the magnitude of suffering that many, many people experience and then must absorb as part of continuing life.

I realize my more recent posts have been from an angry and very sad side--and it is with some reluctance that I provide a link to these photographs. However, I found them to be very moving, and for me, they provided a link back to that part of me that still belives human beings have a real capacity for compassion, devotion, and pure love.

No comments: