8.20.2007

Speaking of feeling sick...

I'm not sure I've ever met anyone who better personifies over-privilege (spoiled), a sense of entitlement, and obeisance to American consumer culture. You have the balls to lecture my sister about the perils (to my 4-year old nephew) of dating a man who is not a Christian--this after having the gall to refer to certain people as trash. Did I really, truly, hear you laughingly (jokingly, I'm sure you'd say) suggest that the US "trade" with Mexico by this country accepting with open arms all of the hard-working Mexicans while sending Mexico all of the "white and black trash" who "do not like to work."

I'm embarassed for you--for your pseudo-intellectual preening and for your assumption that the world exists to help maintain your privileged status. You need to know that no one is really that impressed. You need to know that the attitude you and your wife project is one of disdain for those who do not fit neatly w/in the realm of what is hip, cool, and $$$. If this projection is not truly a reflection of what you think--then you need to check it.

I'm just still really pissed about your "trash" comment and it is making me mad about everything else. Grow up, please.

No comments: