3.06.2007

first class struggle

I read Firestone's The Dialectic of Sex: The Case for Feminist Revolution when I was a freshman at Baylor University (truly a hotbed of radical feminism) and finished it not really understanding what I'd read, but nonetheless feeling intellectually superior to my peers more interested in sorority teas and identifying which males were more likely to become prominent Texas attorneys. Now, 25 years later all of it still sorta just pisses me off. I do not presently have time to give Firestone another go, but Twisty over at I Blame the Patriarchy is hosting an ongoing Firestone Theater. The discussion threads over there are sometimes hit and miss, but the host offers a provoking jumping-off place. Which is just GREAT for me--what with 5 papers due next week. Check it out.

No comments: